International Delivery for Air Cargo – Prohibited Restricted Items
We live in a world that has become more and more globalized but we must consider when delivering internationally there are prohibited restricted items. This applies to many people out there, especially for those who own ecommerce websites and for those who travel a lot and want to ship goods internationally. Together with a world that is constantly moving, new needs have appeared as well and proper shipping is one of them. However, with so many freight companies out there it may sometimes be difficult to settle on that which offers the best and most suitable service for you, while offering the greatest experience with international air cargo.
If you are a business owner selling goods online, this can mean a lot of time spent on understanding prohibited restricted items, while also finding the best shipment alternative for each of the deliveries you have to make. Consequently, this can mean a lot of money lost. At the same time, if you are an individual who wants to ship a parcel or some extra-luggage before your arrival at a certain destination, you will also want to find the safest and the least expensive option for your needs as well.
Cheap Courier Comparison can help both business owners and individuals in choosing the very best shipment service. Since we work with the major freight companies out there and since we have a very wide variety of services you can be offered with, you will easily find out which is the best option for you by using our automated calculators.
However, before you call for our service, you will have to make sure that you know what types of goods you are allowed to send through our collaborators and what types of goods you are not allowed to send. Knowing these things can prevent you from having to pay surcharges for the restricted items or from having to face unpleasant surprises regarding your shipment. Here are some of the most important things to know about our prohibited and restricted items list:
- Do make sure that you know the difference between what the “prohibited” items are and what the “restricted” ones are. Generally speaking, those goods that are considered to be completely prohibited are very dangerous and they would not be safe for anyone to be shipped by using normal freight services. At the same time, the restricted items refer to those goods or parcels that contain products that the driver may be able to collect but only under certain circumstances (including paying an extra-fee for it or your acceptance of the fact that you may not be guaranteed with their proper shipment).
- The prohibited restricted items list includes the following (and it is not limited to the following):
- Animals (either dead or alive)
- Artworks (including paintings and sculptures)
- Engines, generators or gear boxes
- Fire extinguishers
- Tobacco (including tobacco products)
- Jewelry or valuable items of any kind
- Alcoholic beverages
- Dangerous goods (such as pesticides, petrol, acids and aerosols)
- Lithium batteries or products that may contain such batteries (make sure to let us know if you want to send a laptop or a smartphone, for example).